Voters Not Politicians
College Outreach Coordinator
Job Hours: Now through Mid-November, Full time, irregular hours; some evenings and weekends may be required. Travel across Michigan will be required.
Reports To: State Field Director
Voters Not Politicians is seeking a highly motivated democracy enthusiast to coordinate college outreach and campus volunteer activity across Michigan. The College Outreach Coordinator will facilitate all college and campus group activity including education sessions, canvassing, and recruitment.
Voters Not Politicians is a nonpartisan, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to passing a state constitutional amendment to end partisan gerrymandering by creating a transparent system that takes politicians and lobbyists out of redistricting, prevents districts from being drawn to favor any party, and putting Michigan citizens in charge through an Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission.
Projects would include but would not be limited to:
- Creation and execution of college outreach program. This will include research and analysis of other successful student campaigns. Metrics to be determined in collaboration with the campaign’s Voter Contact Director.
- Establishing relationships with student departments and groups at colleges all across Michigan to organize efforts on their campuses.
- Overall management of the campus coordinators: supporting their efforts, sending out updates with new information, and ensuring they are effectively promoting the campaign.
- Responsible for reporting out on progress measured against statewide goals.
- Effective time management.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to research and summarize information.
- Ability to work independently and oversee/manage college volunteers.
- Self motivation and passion for the campaign, ability to motivate others, ability to keep high spirits when faced with difficulties and/or failure.
Some experience with college/university administration and/or student groups preferred.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title as the subject line.