Voters Not Politicians - Major Fundraising Events Coordinator
Full-time Salaried Employee
Voters Not Politicians Ballot Question Committee
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Overview: Voters Not Politicians is a volunteer-driven, grassroots campaign to create an Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission in Michigan through a question on the November 6 statewide ballot. The Major Fundraising Events Coordinator is responsible for successful execution of all major Voters Not Politicians fundraising events invited to and attend events that highlight the goals of the campaign and raise money - from high-return volunteer house parties to major ticketed events featuring noteworthy hosts and guest speakers.
Reports To: Finance Director
- Work with hosts, host committees, speakers and volunteers to achieve monetary and attendee goals.
- Manage invitation and follow-up call process.
- Oversee all event logistics - from food and beverage to room design and donor recognition - for major ticketed events.
- Prepare campaign leaders to engage key supporters at events.
- Use web tools to set up specific web donation pages for each event.
- Provide Voters Not Politicians volunteer and staff leaders with lists of donors to thank by phone.
- Tasks as assigned and shared by finance team members as we work together to achieve aggressive campaign fundraising goals.
- Strong event planning background with a preference for political fundraising experience.
- Confidence and professionalism required to work effectively with volunteers and major financial supporters.
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on positive telephone and in-person demeanor.
- Fastidious attention to detail and capacity to work highly independently in a fast-moving campaign environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and comfort working in Google Docs environment.
- Willingness to work long, irregular hours from remote locations, including access to a vehicle, laptop, and cell phone.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities.