Voters Not Politicians - Finance Associate for Volunteer Fundraising
Full-time Salaried Employee
Voters Not Politicians Ballot Question Committee
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview: Voters Not Politicians is a volunteer-driven, grassroots campaign to create an Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission in Michigan through a question on the November 6 statewide ballot. The Finance Associate for Volunteer Fundraising is responsible for supporting volunteers who are raising funds for our campaign through personal online campaigns, house parties and other small events, in-person engagement of prospective major donors, and telephone solicitations.
Reports To: Finance Director
- Assist high-level volunteer fundraisers in managing major donor prospect lists, tracking their contacts, and following up on requests for support.
- Collaborate with finance team leaders to monitor/improve the performance of high-level volunteer fundraisers in cultivating/soliciting gifts.
- Support regional leaders in recruiting Voters Not Politicians volunteers to establish and promote personal fundraising pages on the campaign website.
- Provide coaching and other assistance to volunteers seeking to maximize donations raised through their personal fundraising pages.
- Leverage existing and forthcoming educational materials to help campaign volunteers host effective house parties and other small fundraising events.
- Manage campaign acknowledgment program.
- Play a central role in ensuring that all records of campaign contributions are accurate.
- Tasks as assigned and shared by finance team members as we work together to achieve aggressive campaign fundraising goals.
- Strong relationship builder with a track record of working effectively with volunteers of varying knowledge and experience levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with constituent relationship management systems/databases and ability to learn new technologies quickly with limited training and oversight.
- Comfort working in a Google Docs environment.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating productive working relationships with fellow team members.
- Ability to travel frequently and work from remote locations, including access to a vehicle, laptop, and cell phone.
- High capacity to multi-task and work independently in a fast-moving campaign environment.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and travel as needed.