Voters Not Politicians Political Outreach Director
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview: Voters Not Politicians is seeking a highly motivated democracy enthusiast to champion redistricting reform with the leadership team of the campaign. Voters Not Politicians is a nonpartisan, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to passing a state constitutional amendment to end partisan gerrymandering by creating a transparent system that takes politicians and lobbyists out of redistricting, prevents districts from being drawn to favor any party, and putting Michigan citizens in charge through an Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission. The position will be fast-paced in an ever-changing and developing workplace, with the critical role of engaging stakeholders across Michigan. This position will report directly to the Executive Director of Voters Not Politicians.
Reports To: Executive Director
Projects would include but would not be limited to:
- Assists the Executive Director in facilitating organizational relationships with key stakeholders who are committed to passing the Voters Not Politicians proposal.
- Staying apprised of Michigan state-level politicians’ stance on an Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission, gerrymandering, their influence, and other affiliated policy or advocacy work.
- Working with organizations and people with a variety of backgrounds, establishing strong relationships with them, and organizing their involvement with the campaign.
- Develop and execute a coalition table and engagement plan within specific constituencies and work with others to inform the people about the ballot initiative and/or get them involved with the campaign.
- Assist in organizing, supporting, and guiding our volunteers and related committees in regards to stakeholder engagement strategy and processes.
- Actively develop programs that reduce barriers to entry in participating with our campaign.